Friday evening, we rung in good ol' Indepedence Day half way across the world in Malaysia. A bunch of expats got together for a BBQ complete with beer, burgers, dogs and watermelon. A few locals were present at the shindig as well. Citizens of the world unite! The next day Ton and I decided to keep the party going by checking out a highly recommended restaurant called Ocean Green, which happily is walking distance from our condo and right on the water. We had seafood fried rice, asparagus in garlic sauce and prawns in superior sauce (chef's special!). Pix from both outings below. The picture in the blog header shows our table at Ocean Green near the end of the meal. Tiger is the local beer here, and Spritzer is a local bottled water. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Dana, you really have an awesome blog going...thanks for sharing the pictures. We had a great time at the BBQ
SO nice to get your blog updates...And you have become quite the photographer! Great shots. BTW, I think I may have found a new person for the free write...I'll keep you posted on how it goes. No new book yet, its just that crazy time of year with everyone on vacation. K
Hi, stumble upon your blog...being a penangite, I welcome you and your family to Penang. The people are very friendly and there are many yummy and tasty food that the island has to offer.
Hope my blog will provide you an insight of the dining place.
A freelance magazine writer and a travel/food fan, I grew up outside of Boston. Ton, my husband, grew up in The Hague, The Netherlands. We relocated from Scottsdale, Arizona in May 2008 to Penang, Malaysia for Ton's job.
- I believe in the power of community and connection, including the virtual kind. - Comments/questions wanted. Varied perspectives desired. - Debate & discussion encouraged. - I welcome new friends - post away. - No haters allowed. - I promise no self-indulgent blather or self-important spewing - hold me to that. - Citizens of the world unite.
3 comments:
Dana, you really have an awesome blog going...thanks for sharing the pictures. We had a great time at the BBQ
SO nice to get your blog updates...And you have become quite the photographer! Great shots. BTW, I think I may have found a new person for the free write...I'll keep you posted on how it goes. No new book yet, its just that crazy time of year with everyone on vacation. K
Hi, stumble upon your blog...being a penangite, I welcome you and your family to Penang.
The people are very friendly and there are many yummy and tasty food that the island has to offer.
Hope my blog will provide you an insight of the dining place.
Post a Comment