
Miss Dana,I would like to know if there are tall building there or neighborhoods with lots of houses like there are here.
Love,Shea
Dear Shea,
There are both. What you see depends where you are on Penang island. The area where we live has many supertall buildings. Here’s a picture outside my window. If you look closely, you’ll see a rainbow!

There’s lots of development going on right now, so I expect more tall buildings will appear in Penang over the next few years. Some people think all the new building should stop so that we can preserve the history and old feel of the island. We’ll see how that turns out. Only time will tell!
I also have friends that live in neighborhoods with houses like the one you live in.
Miss you! I want to order more Girl Scout cookies. - Miss Dana
Dear Miss Dana,
I would like to know if they have Halloween there, and what you are going to dress up as. Love, Sloan
Hi Sloan!
Halloween is not a holiday that the people of Malaysia celebrate. However, lots of families live here who are from places like the US and Europe. Here’s a picture of some of my friends.

Their kids go to international schools that often hold Halloween parties, so you’d still get a chance to dress up in a costume if you lived here!
I don’t think I’m going to a Halloween party this year, but if I did, I’d dress up as a princess.
Happy Halloween! Send me a picture of your costume. - Miss Dana


No comments:
Post a Comment